I won a copy of this upcoming book in a Goodreads giveaway recently and I have written up a proper review on the site, so if you’re interested in detailed comments or other details, it’s here. Over here, however, I’m going to do a quick fun review.
Miss Treadway and the Field of Stars by Miranda Emmerson is a mystery about a missing actress and the woman trying to find her, set in 1960s London. Read if you like:
- diverse, interesting cast of characters
- well-written London
- not romanticising the past but looking at problems within the plot
- the BBC tv series The Hour, especially when in series 2 they won’t stop saying Vice
- fairly light but not shying away from big issues type fiction
- the kind of accuracy that means the 68 bus does indeed go via Elephant and Castle to Tulse Hill